I’m so incredibly excited to finally get this project up on the blog. This room has been on my mind since the day we moved in and I think the boys lived in that yellow room long enough! Liam desperately wanted a “blue room” so that’s just what he got!
I came up with the design and one by one started to implement my vision.
I used Clare Paint for the walls, honestly that was a no brainer! If you know me, you know I LOVEEE Clare paint and think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Especially since it can get delivered right to your door…they were doing this way before the COVID Pandemic made it cool! This is my 3rd time partnering with Clare and the 5th room in our house that has a good ole coat of Clare on it! You can read my past review of Clare here!
Once the paint was done I got right to work refinishing the nightstand and dresser…this was a labor of love. These projects were a lot easier to get done before Molly was born, I was constantly on a time crunch, but it was a great reminder to give myself grace and not to push too hard with a newborn.
All the framed art pieces were done by Frame It Easy. I absolutely adore this company…custom sized prints delivered right to your door! Not only was it easy to navigate but the had the best options! I went with the Derby Wheat frame throughout and opted in to have 3 out of the 4 pieces matted.
All the prints I found on Etsy, my go to when it comes to art. Click on each photo below and it’ll take you right on over!
One of the main things I wanted to do in this space was replace the ceiling fan. All of our light switches are for switched outlets not ceiling fixtures, which means our all of our ceiling fans have pull chains…this is one of my pet peeves! I can’t stand having to tug the pulls multiple times a day and I just don’t like the look of the pulls hanging down!
I am so excited to be partnering with Kichler on their Ridley II model. This fan is so sleek and absolutely gorgeous! And the very best part…IT HAS A REMOTE! The fans comes with a remote that you can install right in the wall and it also comes with an outlet cover so you never have to worry about losing it and it looks beautifully finished. You can check out the Ridley II here and more of their other gorgeous fans here!
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for the DIY BAMBOO SHADES!
- Bamboo Fencing (I bought the 6′ x 16′ one which makes 6, though I only needed 3)
- Floral Wire
- Command Strips for hanging
- Wire Cutters
- Saw for cutting fencing to size (Any saw will work, I used a circle saw)
Cut Bamboo Fencing to size. My windows measured 36″ so we cut the 6′ wide fencing right down the middle using a circular saw.
Lay fencing out and trim to desired length with wire cutters.
Fold top portion of fencing down to create a “valance” look…approximately 10 inches.
Secure using floral wire. Snip wire approximately 5 inches long (the longer it is the easier to twist.) Create a “U” shape with the wire and slip it around the bamboo, secure it in the back by twisting the wire around itself.
Starting from the bottom (I tried starting from the top and it was a lot harder!), create a fold and secure with floral wire just like in step 4. Repeat 2 more times or until you’ve created your desired number of folds.
Now were ready to hang! Attach command strips to the back of the bamboo. I cut the strips in half so that I could distribute the weight evenly.
Remove backing and press to window frame or existing blind! And VOILA!!